Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We’re always on the lookout for great web designers, web developers and sales professionals. Please e-mail us at: email@example.com and tell us why you think you would make a great addition to our organization. Be sure to include a resume and the desired position you’re applying for.
We are a Kelowna based Internet marketing and web design company, specializing in online marketing solutions for small to mid-sized businesses.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Purple Pig is on the lookout for our next piglet! Do you have an interest in SEO and social media management? Do you have experience in online advertising, including Google Ads? If so, this might be a great fit for you.
Who is Purple Pig?
Our team consists of a talented group of web developers, designers, content writers and resident SEO experts who deliver each completed job with pride. We have built our reputation on producing measurable results and marketing success stories for businesses all across Canada.
Who We’re Looking For
As our new Digital Marketing Specialist, you will primarily focus on Internet marketing. Your main responsibilities will include working with a set list of client SEO accounts, engaging in social media activity, continuously analyzing keyword ranking progress, advertising activity, and developing strategies as needed.
- Degree/diploma in Marketing, Business or Communications, or equivalent experience in similar marketing role
- Exceptional communication skills, capable of leading client-facing meetings
- Thorough understanding of brand, paid media (content marketing, digital display, paid social) and search engine optimization/search engine marketing (SEO/SEM)
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Search Console and related applications
- Solid proofreading and copywriting skills
- Social media profile creation and account management experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
Nice to Haves:
- A strong understanding of PPC campaign management/conversion tracking
- Google Ads Certification would be considered a major asset
- Familiarity with WordPress, Joomla or Drupal CMS
- Working knowledge of Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with online display advertising, remarketing
- Ability to set up e-mail campaigns through Constant Contact or Mail Chimp
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and terminology
Duties and Tasks That Will ‘Hog’ All Your Time:
- Publish provided website content including landing pages and blogs
- Develop and implement backlinking strategies for client SEO campaigns
- Perform keyword research as required, to determine appropriate keyword targets
- On page optimization for keyword targets
- Create PPC/Google Ads campaigns, manage budgets, analytics translation
- Social media activity and engagement
- Prepare monthly keyword ranking & activity reports
Compensation range: $18.50 – $25.00/hour
Hours per week: 30-40
This position has now been filled, but feel free to submit your resume now for any future opportunities.
Skills You Will Need To ‘Bring Home the Bacon’:
- Experience customizing and coding WordPress templates
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing WordPress websites from concept to launch and everything in between
- Vast knowledge of website migrations, hosting, WHMCS and email account setup
- Advanced knowledge of custom DNS settings, including configuration with Office365 and G Suite
- A thorough understanding of resolving cross-browser & mobile compatibility issues
Bonus Skills to ‘Squeal the Spotlight’:
- Sharp eye for design, typography and attention to detail
- Knowledge of on-page SEO structure, search ranking factors
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Suites (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and graphic design experience
Duties and Tasks That Will ‘Hog’ Your Time:
- Communicating directly with clients, by phone and email, to help define tasks and solve various technical issues
- Assisting our designers & developers with WordPress builds, configuring plugins & themes
- Completing regularly scheduled maintenance (updating core, theme & plugins) on WordPress websites
- Multitasking on projects of various sizes and levels of complexity
Compensation: $22.40 – 30.60/hr, commensurate with experience and portfolio
This is a remote, home office position with preference given to candidates based in Vancouver, Victoria, Kamloops or Kelowna. Please reply with resume and portfolio links.